REBELS & BROTHERS: The Complete Series
The Wars of the Roses brought to ferocious life!
It is September 1459 and in England the rival forces of York and Lancaster prepare to compete for control of the kingdom. But against the savage backcloth of the Wars of the Roses, another relentless struggle begins. The Elder family are young, flawed and they make mistakes; yet they have courage. They will need every ounce of it if they are to survive…
For the first time this epic conflict is available as a boxed set of e-books allowing the reader to follow the whole compelling story in one edition.
‘It is impossible not to feel invested in the characters – they are flawed and damaged, but trying their best to survive and you find yourself willing them on.’ The Review
- @pfcollard @Paulalofting @JohnPye7 Count me in. I've got boxes... 1 hour ago
- @hooverbkreview @SA_McKay @guygavrielkay @abelfrageauthor @GordonDoherty @SJATurney Cheers for the mention, Paul. Hope you've enjoyed it. 😟 2 hours ago
- RT @hooverbkreview: Reading is so much fun..almost done with @SA_McKay Northern Throne & @Feud_writer Britannia on Kindle & paperback Last… 14 hours ago
- RT @SJATurney: "Julius Caesar’s men would have followed him into the jaws of Cerberus himself just because of that great general’s presence… 1 day ago
- @pfcollard Well, in the old days - pre 2020 - I used to sell some at festivals and book fairs... 1 day ago
- RT @ElizStJohn: For #FollowFriday more of my favourite things: #HistoricalFiction #indieauthors #Books and The Morgan Library @MorganLibrar… 2 days ago
- @DavidsBookBlurg Yep. This year's been an absolute bitch. 2 days ago
- @Paulalofting @Chadwickauthor @SA_McKay @Dougwriter @Phokion1 @SD_Sykes @Romanfiction @julianstockwin @PWalkerauthor @glencraney No problem. 3 days ago
- #FF to new twitter friends: @srsixcreative @stacytownend71 @llxmg10 @KalbMarple @lehmanauthor @graecolatinus… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- #HistoricalFictionFriday with: @Chadwickauthor @SA_McKay @Dougwriter @Phokion1 @SD_Sykes @Romanfiction… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Out now, #ShadowofDoubt, a short novella in the Craft of Kings series. This started life as an online freebie durin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @mikewardmedia Hi Mike. Thanks for following me. 3 days ago
Category Archives: Plantagenets
Mercedes Rochelle has just published The King’s Retribution, the second book, of her series set in the England of Richard II and I’m delighted to host the penultimate spot on her book’s blog tour. If you read A KING UNDER … Continue reading
Since I started producing my series of Wars of the Roses podcasts, quite a number of people have asked me how my historical fiction stories dovetail in with the non-fiction podcasts – or not! Until now I haven’t really thought … Continue reading
Podcasting the Wars of the Roses! Always been confused by the Wars of the Roses? Hardly dared ask a question in case you get a three hour long answer? Well, help is at hand! Over on my website I’m running a … Continue reading
In the past year, while writing my sixth novel set during the Wars of the Roses, I’ve had to confront directly in my research the legend that is Richard III. So much has been written about this king that it … Continue reading
This is the final part of my exploration into the notion that Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick, merits the epithet of “kingmaker”. [N.B. All 4 parts were previously published on the English Historical Fiction Authors Blog] In the winter of … Continue reading
Common Myths of the Wars of the Roses – Myth #3: Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick, the ‘Kingmaker’? Part 3…
This is the third part of my exploration into the notion that Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick, deserves the epithet of “kingmaker”. When I sat down to write Part 3, I quickly realised that, to avoid oversimplifying the story, I would … Continue reading
All you thought you knew about the Wars of the Roses, but didn’t… Episode Three: Warwick, the Kingmaker? Part Two…
A month or two ago, after a bit of a rant on Facebook, I started a series of posts to explode a few of the pervasive myths which surround the Wars of the Roses. Here’s the second part of my … Continue reading
All you thought you knew about the Wars of the Roses, but didn’t… Episode Two: Warwick, the Kingmaker?
Wars of the Roses Myth #3 – Was Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick, really a ‘Kingmaker’? Part 1… A month or two ago, I had a bit of a rant on Facebook about the common myths which persist about many … Continue reading
All you thought you knew about the Wars of the Roses, but didn’t… Episode One: Henry VI: the mad king?
A few weeks ago, I had a bit of a rant on Facebook about the common myths which persist about many aspects of the Wars of the Roses period. I vowed to do something about it, so to start with, … Continue reading