Derek Birks on Writers Turn to Crime? Helen Hollick on Writers Turn to Crime? Derek Birks on Writers Turn to Crime? Alison Morton on Writers Turn to Crime? Helen Hollick on Writers Turn to Crime?
REBELS & BROTHERS: The Complete Series
The Wars of the Roses brought to ferocious life!
It is September 1459 and in England the rival forces of York and Lancaster prepare to compete for control of the kingdom. But against the savage backcloth of the Wars of the Roses, another relentless struggle begins. The Elder family are young, flawed and they make mistakes; yet they have courage. They will need every ounce of it if they are to survive…
For the first time this epic conflict is available as a boxed set of e-books allowing the reader to follow the whole compelling story in one edition.
‘It is impossible not to feel invested in the characters – they are flawed and damaged, but trying their best to survive and you find yourself willing them on.’ The Review
- RT @Thehistorybits: What a lovely way to start the weekend! Fabulous new 5* review of Defenders of the Norman Crown: https://t.co/pSRmsPEfr… 4 hours ago
- Just hit 100k words for the first draft of my current #WIP on the #Anarchy - not quite finished yet though... 1 day ago
- RT @KellyALacey: Virtual Book Tour Alert Coming soon is the #virtualbooktour for Domitian by S. J. A Turney @canelo_co @SJATurney organi… 1 day ago
- @MatthewHarffy @Tesco Was it something you said? 1 day ago
- RT @petertonkin50: MEANWHIL Mid-March 44BCE the race is on to stop J Caesar getting stabbed in the back - and the chronicles of what follow… 1 day ago
- @RosslynShields Depends what sort of a slump... 1 day ago
- RT @SA_McKay: Robin Hood is trending so I might as well remind you of this collection, FREE with Kindle Unlimited. Four novels, kick-ass ac… 1 day ago
- @SChostetler Hi Steve. Thanks for following me. Good luck with the novel. 1 day ago
- @EdoardoAlbert @BirlinnBooks Great cover! 2 days ago
- #FF to new twitter friends: @JTWitmerBooks @KateWil68270815 @FrostieMoss @HarnedyG @alexlopezwriter @BooksCuppa… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- #Historicalfiction #Friday with: @BenKaneAuthor @angus_donald @GordonDoherty @abelfrageauthor @margaretskea1… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @coloursofunison: Have you read #SonOfMercia, the start of my brand new series set in 9th century Saxon England. https://t.co/ifu79i08U… 4 days ago
Category Archives: Wars of the Roses
Lady Eleanor Elder is a leading character in my Wars of the Roses series which will come to an end with the release of the final book, Crown of Fear. Of all the characters in all the books, she is … Continue reading
As part of this Christmas season blog hop by members of the Historical Writers Forum, I’ve chosen to revisit a Christmas scene with a difference. A persistent, though occasional, medieval Christmas tradition was the election by lot of a ‘Lord … Continue reading
Lady Eleanor is a leading character in my two series set during the Wars of the Roses: Rebels & Brothers and the Craft of Kings. Of all the characters in all the books, she is the one who regularly – … Continue reading
Lady Eleanor Elder has been a very popular character with readers throughout two series of books about the Elder family set during the Wars of the Roses. Don’t miss her candid interview with author Sharon Bennett Connolly.
Since I started producing my series of Wars of the Roses podcasts, quite a number of people have asked me how my historical fiction stories dovetail in with the non-fiction podcasts – or not! Until now I haven’t really thought … Continue reading
Over on my Facebook author page it’s giveaway time to celebrate the new audiobook version of Feud! Click here to win a chance of a free download of Feud on the Audible site – open to both UK and US readers – … Continue reading
I came late to writing historical fiction – in fact late to writing altogether. History was what I knew best but there were a number of conventions associated with historical fiction that I did not like very much. The idea … Continue reading
Podcasting the Wars of the Roses! Always been confused by the Wars of the Roses? Hardly dared ask a question in case you get a three hour long answer? Well, help is at hand! Over on my website I’m running a … Continue reading
In the past year, while writing my sixth novel set during the Wars of the Roses, I’ve had to confront directly in my research the legend that is Richard III. So much has been written about this king that it … Continue reading
This is the final part of my exploration into the notion that Richard Neville, Earl of Warwick, merits the epithet of “kingmaker”. [N.B. All 4 parts were previously published on the English Historical Fiction Authors Blog] In the winter of … Continue reading